Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A day gone.A day closer to home.

Well today is wednesday here in Camp P. I don't know what it is about this place but lately it been making me rather uneasy. It's not just the location of everything around the place it's more of less that this place is just not home for me.As much as I try to make myself comfortable her I don't see it happening anytime soon. You know it's bad when I'm actually anticipating going to iraq with excitement just to get away from this place.Doesn't that seem kind of awkward no? Anywho I spend most of my days here hanging out with the fellow HM's or at the library. I try not to hang around the marines too much even though I live with them I just don't want to get into any mess that I really don't want to be in.I'm perfectly fine being somewhat of a loner. Anderson and I talked about alot of things mainly concerning the future of art and stuff needless to say Things are definately going to be different and more exciting when it comes to artistic projects and approaches.

I spent today wandering how everyone is doing back on the east coast how my friends are doing in Dallas and all over the world right now as my time is ticking down till I hit the sandbox.Not Many artists go to war that's for sure.I ask myself some basic questions: How will this come into play and influence my artwork?how will this influence what I create? Not only that how will being in the military in general influence us aside from taking up most of our time. I have new motivation in general to get back to the artworld not only for myself but for my brother and girl as well.

I wonder what things are to come in mmy life and how will I handle them. Usually I would just shrug my shoulders and be like maybe next time. I've sincce matured and if I must thank the military for one thing I really learned how to become a leader, mentor, and public speaker. Giving speaches to 200 something odd people a day was something I would have never though I would be doing back in school.

I've also started keeping numerous journals one will be about my experiances about my deployment,one a list of memoirs that my girl wanted me to write and the others will be for various projects that pertain to me once I get over there so I'll have something to work on. I will hopefully transfer all the journals onto a laptop when I get one.

The proojects of mine that are under development right now for me is SPARk and a yet unnamed dez sci-fi project. Anderson is working on his own personal sci-fi and Fantasy project as well. Of course most of my concept work will be lead on paper because I won't have a wacom tablet or paints in the desert. Until my next entry keep on searching back here for mor work or the announcement of our official site under development.

Till then keep on crank'n

-Dez

No comments: